If you would like to be a Clear Channel intern… We have the station for you - 97.5 WCOS, 104.7 WNOK, 96.7 WLTY, 100.1 WVOC & 560 The Team
We need students enrolled in a degree program in communications, marketing / public relations / Broadcast Journalism or business related field preferred.
Pay: Unpaid - For Credit Only
Term: Fall, Spring & Summer!
Duties of Intern:
Radio Broadcasting Internships can offer a wide array of experience. Our internship program will provide an opportunity to combine hard earned book learning with some necessary real world experience. We offer one of the most hands-on programs specifically designed to make use of the talent and motivation in every intern--which, of course, is one of the ways to spot a possible future employee. We offer a multitude of exciting opportunities for our interns, from the broadcast booth to behind-the-scenes and everything in between. Interns will be assigned various projects in all departments. Will be working on power point presentations, recaps for advertisers, go on sales calls; market the radio stations at events, and on-site assistance with DJ's. Interns will assist with photos of events and with the execution of events. Interns will also be able to sit in on conference calls and major meetings. In addition, interns will be working with the Promotions and Sales Departments with coming up with ideas to be created into station events.
Skills Required for Internship:
The internship is unpaid and college credit “must” be earned. Students enrolled in a degree program in communications, marketing / public relations / Broadcast Journalism or business related field preferred. Ideally, each intern should be available two or three days per week (Monday – Friday) and one day on the weekend if the station has a major event totaling 20 to 25 hours per week. There is some flexibility based on the student's schedule and the number of hours required by the school to receive credit. We are looking for talented, organized, and efficient interns with great communication skills. Ideally, they need to have an eye for detail and an understanding of the big picture. Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and experience with Photoshop is a definite plus.
- Students wishing to interview must E-mail their INFO or preferred drop off a resume/application. EMAIL:RyanLangSC@ClearChannel.com DROP OFF: 316 Greystone Blvd. Columbia, SC 29210 Our Internships are open! If you think you could be the right fit - degree program in communications, marketing / public relations / Broadcast Journalism or business related field preferred. We have expanded our Internship opportunities; we are looking for interns this semester. Interviews for Internships are (3) times a year. Call to setup an Interview! - (803) 343-1042, ask for Ryan Lang Interviews will be held at Clear Channel, 316 Greystone Blvd. Columbia, SC 29210
- You must be at least 18 years old,
- In good standing at your current college or university
- Great work ethic, attitude
- Cover letter and resume outlining the station(s) and department(s) at which you would prefer to intern. In your cover letter, please include your internship goals and desired accomplishments, your strengths, both academically and within your community and your long-term career goals.
- Letter from school internship supervisor or advisor verifying your internship registration (noting the number of credits, semester and applicable hours).
- One letters of personal recommendation.
- And likes to have FUN!